Through the Chefs Move to Schools program, GGS works to bring fresh, healthy items to the school lunch menus through Chef-led tastings, cooking demonstrations, and access to salad bars. GGS is committed to providing community-based educational opportunities in healthy-living and healthy-eating, as well as chef-run cooking classes for students and families.
Chefs Move to Schools is part of First Lady Michelle Obama’s “Let’s Move!” Campaign. Chefs Move to Schools pairs chefs with local schools in order to educate children and show them that nutrition can be fun. You can read more about the national campaign here.
Our chefs in West Hartford are instrumental in revising and reviewing current menu selections, working with West Hartford Nutrition Services to develop improved versions of current selections, and acting as innovators in new menu offerings.
Here is our complete list of partner chefs:
- Hunter Morton, Executive Chef, Max Downtown
- Billy Grant, Chef/Owner, Grant’s, Bricco, Bricco Trattoria
- Esther Pryor, Chef/Owner, EAPRYOR LLC
- KC Ward, Chef de Cuisine, Bricco Trattoria
- Tony Camilleri, Executive Chef, Rizzuto’s West Hartford
- Dorjan Puka, Chef/Owner, Treva
- Chris Torla, Partner & Executive Chef, Trumbull Kitchen
- Ted Burnett, Executive Chef, Max Amore
- Scott Kluger, Co-Owner, Hartford Baking Company
- David Borselle Jr., Executive Chef/Co-Owner A’Vert Brasserie