A town wide garden network assists in the development and maintenance of school and community gardens. Gardens help children become active participants in their learning. They...
- Instill appreciation and respect for nature that lasts into adulthood.
- Improve environmental attitudes, especially in younger students.
- Significantly increase science achievement scores.
- Have a positive impact on student achievement and behavior.
- Contribute to communication of knowledge and emotions, while developing skills that will help them be more successful in school.
- Improve social skills and behavior.
- Increase children’s and adolescents nutritional knowledge and consumption of fruits and vegetables.